Welcome to Lynn Classical High School
It has been my honor to be the Principal of this historic school for the past six years. I started my teaching career as a Special Education Teacher in 1976. I have been at Lynn Classical since 1981. I also served as a Guidance Counselor and Vice Principal.
We hope that your son or daughter has a most positive academic and social experience while at this school. Our administrative team, teachers and support staff are very committed to meeting the needs of all students. We also need the support from parents and guardians to reinforce the importance of each and every grade during high school. Attendance is very important. Please do not schedule any appointments which allows students to miss class time unless it is absolutely necessary. Each absence from a class can negatively impact learning. Last year over 90 percent of the students looked at their grades and assignments several times a week on the Jupiter online gradebook. We need more parents to also sign on to this very valuable tool. We encourage communication and look forward working together.
Our Mission Statement
The Lynn Classical High School mission is to meet the needs of all of our students and ensure they become knowledgeable, conscientious, productive, and self-reliant learners who are college and career ready. The school community shares in the responsibility of providing our graduates with the 21st century skills necessary to be successful on a local and global scale. We celebrate our diversity, cultivate creativity and respect, and take pride in knowing our school is safe and supportive for all.
LCHS is a student-centered learning community that VALUES:
High expectations for all
LCHS is committed to the following beliefs about LEARNING:
Rigor, relevance, and relationships are key to academic achievement
All are accountable
Making connections makes a difference
Success can be achieved by all
LCHS Learning Expectations:
- Communicate effectively while making and defending arguments, accessing and relaying information, and addressing peers and adults.
- Apply analytical, critical, and creative thinking skills to identify and solve relevant problems using appropriate technology and other resources.
- Demonstrate REMARKABLE content knowledge through authentic tasks, performances, and assessments.
- Work appropriately and productively both independently and with others in order to accomplish team and individual academic, personal, social or civic goals.
- Interact positively, accept responsibility, and display consideration for the diversity of the school and community.